JOL SHAKER WIPS


Finally started to get back into the swing of things after a long couple of weeks at work. To get my creative juices flowing, I like to paint. It is the instant gratification (verse waiting days for your paper mache sculptures to dry!).
Every year, I make some shakers for Halloween. Nothing crazy....just fun little pieces to decorate the house and give out to family and friends. And if I make more than I need, I throw a couple of listings on Etsy.
Yesterday, in between loads of laundry, cooking, a trip to the craft store, and other regular Sunday shenanagans, I was able to paint the dowels, fill the "heads" with rice (it's not a shaker without some NOISE!) and paint some funny vintage inspired JOL faces.
Tonight, attach the dowels, rub on some antiquing gel, add some crepe paper and ribbon embellishments, maybe a hint of glitter.....who knows!
Got to love those vintage faces!

Comments

  1. OH Cyndi...I love those Jack-o-Lantern faces!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda! I was working on them last night and they are just about done :) I will post some completed pics soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - you get A LOT done on a Sunday afternoon. lol! These are so cute! I can't wait to see them finished. xox!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kelly and Pam!
    Believe me Pam, that was NOT a typical Sunday at my house!!! I just got lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I commented on you flickr too Cyndi, but wanted to visit your blog! These are just adorable, as are all of your Halloween creations this year.
    ~Shari

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Shari! I'm glad you stopped my. Still getting my feet wet with the whole blog "thing". It is all new to me. I love when someone stops by and leaves a comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love these! Fabulous! You make me want to work harder with my Halloween crafts! Currently, I'm burned out. Haha. - Gina

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL - thanks Gina. I'm a little burnt out myself but my daughter keeps me going....she loves Halloween

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts