PLAYING CATCH-UP

It has been a few weeks since I have been able to spend some time with you all. Though my father's death was not unexpected, it still leaves you "disoriented". It was hard to focus at times.
The family is just beginning to get back to a routine. Thank goodness for children. My daughter knows just the right time to make me laugh. I am off work (day job) for a few days next week. Much needed vacation time. We hit the lake yesterday and enjoyed a leisurely afternoon in the sand. Today is cloudy, and the skies looks like rain is on it's way. But, Julia once again saved the day by deciding to have a "party". No reason really. She just wanted to decorate the house with balloons and make "ants-on-a-log" snacks, punch, and play pin the tail on the donkey and Candy Land. It turned out to be a fabulous idea! Our party was a success, even if it was just Jeff, Julia, and myself acting silly.
I have been "creating" here and there. I am in the middle of making new Halloween shakers. And I have completed my own version of a vintage paper pulp Santa for the Christmas season.


He is already on Etsy, and I have more fun Halloween and Christmas items in various stages of completion.
I did have to share one photo of my husbands "doodle"! Yes, he calls this a doodle.


Julia and Jeff were drawing on the coffee table this morning and I came in to find this. Of course, my reaction is always, "Did you just do that?" and he always looks surprised because, to him, this is a throw away sketch. How can I convince him that his "doodles" are sometimes his best work!? Thought I would let you have a peek into my crazy husbands mind.
Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday. I promise to bring you lots more Halloween and Christmas fun soon :) It will be here before you know it.
Till later,
Cyndi

Comments

  1. Hi Cyndi,

    Glad to hear you're feeling alittle better. Your Santa is perfect and your husband's "doodle" is better than anything I could do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sorry about your Dad..
    I visited your etsy and the small snowman is darling. Can't wait to see your other creations. Any Halloween cats, pumpkins or cute witches???
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love that you guys had a Just Because Party. Sometimes those are the Best Kind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your daughter is a smart girl and knows how to distract and entertain! we used to have little impromtu picnics and stuff when the kids were little. Now it seems like those kind of things, even when impromtu are major work for me! LOL!
    maybe cause I'm getting old!
    have a great week!
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to hear about your father. I am happy that you had some fun with your daughter.

    I can't wait to see all of your fun goodies! My 4th of July items from you have made me smile all summer long. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts